February went by fast and furiously. So many fun and good things happened this past month, though honestly I can’t help but get a little emotional when I think back to how difficult February was last year. After a sudden death in my family, my struggle with anxiety reached an all time high and it was hard to imagine life ever feeling “normal” again. So for that reason, I don’t take for granted the good days, because I can remember all too well the rawness of the super tough days. If you’re in a difficult season, remember that it’s just that, a season, and it won’t go on forever. 🙂
I hope y’all are okay with me getting so real with you. I don’t write this blog to appear to be anything other than who I really am. None of our lives are picture perfect. And I firmly believe that it’s in our realness and in our messes that we can truly know one another and spur each other on.
The month was absolutely jam packed and I may have bitten off a bit more than I could chew when it came to meeting my goals. This also explains my silence on the blog last week. Sorry guys, I was trying to juggle too much and something had to sit on the back burner. I learned a valuable lesson though. My “life” and my goals need to coexist as one, each should shape the other. With that in mind, I think that March’s goals will be all about quality and not quantity. I want this month’s goals to point back to my word for 2017 – well.
- Attend Sunday School every weekend – I made it to 3 out of the 4 classes
- Blog 3x a week – I only missed two posts
- Social media fast at least 2 days a week – This is one of my favorite things!
- Map out new budget – Done!
- Meet with church ministry leaders – Still emailing back and forth
- Read 2 books – Done! I read Before Amen: The Power of a Simple Prayer by Max Lucado and The Freedom of Self Forgetfulness by Tim Keller – I highly recommend both! So. Good.
- Begin MidLink class at church – Yes! So far, so good!
- Ride 20+ miles 3-4 days a week on Desk Cycle – I didn’t quite reach this goal, but I have been using my desk cycle most days.
- Practice yoga 1-2x a week – I practiced a couple of times during the month, I need to be more consistent
- No new clothing/shoes/accessories purchases – I totally failed at this. Like miserably failed.
- Schedule some long over due doctor’s appointments
- Read two books
- Watch less television
- Cut out negative self-talk
- Exercise at least 3 days a week
You may have noticed that a few of my goals were repeated in both January and February. This was really helpful to get me back in the routine of doing those things (like going to Sunday school and blogging more consistently). But I think going forward I’ll only list those in my Powersheets. 🙂